ESCP Europe EVRT: E-Mobility Conference, London
Start date : 25th April 2017
Start time : 09:00 am
End time : 05:00 pm
The E-Mobility Conference is the opening event of the 2017 ESCP Europe Electric Vehicle Road Trip (EVRT).
Between 25th April and 10th May, MSc in Energy Management students will join key energy industry figures, international media, alumni and School faculty on a two-week European road trip to support the acceleration of electric-vehicle adoption and a transition to a sustainable, low-carbon future.
A fleet of electric vehicles will transport the participants across 6,500kms using the latest clean technologies - without compromising on comfort or performance.
At stages of the EVRT there will be conferences on key subjects in the sustainable transportation field, with the inaugural event taking place at The Building Centre in London on 25th April, 2017.
The event runs from 9am to 5pm. Tickets are on sale now here.
9:00 - 9:05: Welcome
Co-Host: Nicki Shields, Scientist, TV Presenter, Broadcaster
Co-Host: Robert Llewllyn, TV Journalist, FullyCharge
Ben Pullen, Co-Founder & CEO, Global Electric Vehicle Road Trip
09:05 - 09:20: Opening Keynote
The barriers, enablers and consequent opportunities in the clean transportation market: what's needed from a market design point of view?
- John Polak, Professor of Transport Demand and Head of the Centre for Transport, Imperial College London
9:20 - 10:00: The Future of Clean Transportation in London - Expert panel discussion
This opening session will kick start discussion on how the global challenge presented by worsening air quality across cities is a driver for innovation in the transportation sector. Experts from policy, business, civil society and government will identify the pressures and drivers eroding the quality of air, assess the impact of current pollution levels and evaluate potential solutions for progress towards cleaner and livable cities.
- Leon Daniels, Managing Director Surface Transport, Transport for London
- Natasha Robinson, Head, Office for Low Emission Vehicles
- Simon Birkett, CEO, Clean Air London
- Samantha Heath, CEO, London Sustainability Exchange
- Oliver Lord, Principal Policy Officer, Greater London Authority
- Erik Fairbairn, CEO, POD Point
10:00 - 10.30: Fireside Chat - Expert panel discussion
"The power of sport to accelerate sustainable living"
Sport is universal, connecting millions of fans through physical and digital platforms across the globe and inspire generations of aspiring athletes and supporters. This session looks at the potential for sport to drive forward the sustainability agenda and asks if sport has the power to take sustainability into the mainstream and enable environmentally-aware global citizens.
- Alejandro Agag, CEO, Formula E
- Robert Llewellyn, TV Journalist, FullyCharged
- Nicki Shields, Scientist, TV Presenter, Broadcaster
10:30 - 11:00: Networking & Technology Showcase
11:00 - 11:45: The Transport and Mobility Revolution: From Asset Ownership to Service Provision - Expert panel discussion
The transport and mobility sector is undergoing a revolution. Car-sharing applications and driverless vehicle technology is radically shifting consumer perceptions of mobility from traditional asset ownership towards transport as a service. As our global population will soar to 10 billion by 2050 with 80% of us living in cities, the consumer is increasingly concerned with buying a car that ticks the clean, green and affordable boxes. This session will discuss how realistic these futuristic visions are, how manufacturers are adapting to these changes, where the innovation is happening, and how scalable these solutions are.
Topics of discussion:
- A car-sharing service can revolutionise city transport, but how transformational and scalable is this change?
- Pipeline technology and driverless cars: What are the expected timelines and developments, and what will this mean for the rest of us?
- What are the drivers and pressures in the new era of mobility and how can we harness them to ensure the future of transport is clean and sustainable?
- Joseph Seal-Driver, Director UK, Drive Now
- Richard Gordon, Commercial Director, London Taxi Company
- Matteo de Renzi, CEO, Western Europe, Gett
- Chris Morris, Managing Director, E-Car Club
- James Nettleton, Head of Accelerator, InMotion Ventures
- Funmi Onamusi, Co-Founder and Managing Director, 3F EV
11:45 - 12:45: Economics of Electric Vehicles
11:45 - 12:05: The United Kingdom EV Market: Forecasting the ‘Tipping Point’
- What can we expect from the UK BHEV and PHEV market between now and 20250 and how will this compare with other markets?
- Graham Evans, Principal Analyst, IHS Markit
12:05 - 12:20: The Norwegian Success: How transferable is this case study and can it be used as a blueprint for other European countries?
- Christina Bu, Secretary General, Norwegian Electric Vehicle Association
12:20 - 12:45 - Q&A With Speakers
12:45 - 13:45: Lunch break and Networking
13:45 - 14:05: EV-Box and Engie: A strategic partnership for market acceleration
EV-Box and Engie’s unique partnership will be discussed in further detail giving details on the drivers behind the acquisition and how it will assist market expansion and growth.
- Kevin Pugh, Business Development Director UK & Ireland, EV-Box
- Robin Heap, Commercial Manager, Engie
14:05 - 15:20: Technology innovation and cost reduction
Technology is undoubtedly improving, but further innovation is needed in battery and charging technology to reduce range anxiety and the cost of electric vehicles. This session focuses on the innovative and disruptive projects and initiatives establishing the business case for electrifying the transport sector, and the co-benefits that an integrated approach will unlock in terms of the decarbonisation of the wider electricity system.
- Moderator: Jonny Cooper, EV Advocate/The Success Party
- Marko Aunedi, Research Associate, Imperial College London
- Bob Moran, Deputy Head, Office for Low Emission Vehicles
- Billy Wu, Lecturer, Dyson School of Design Engineering, Imperial College London
- Adrian Vinsome, Head of Energy Systems, CENEX
- Jonathan Cohen, Head of Energy Storage, Eversheds Sutherland
15:20 - 15:50: Building the Business Case for Electric Vehicles
Presentation of research findings
As the cost curve for EVs continues to drop and the industry moves from early adopter into widespread acceptance businesses across the country are looking to electrify their fleets to hedge against regulatory and technological risks. This session will take fleet managers and CSOs through the stages of building the internal business case for electrification; how to dispel common myths and make a compelling case to senior management and various stakeholders that the time to act is now.
- Andrew Benfield, Group Director of Transport, Energy Saving Trust
- Alan Clarke, Public Policy Associate, Uber
15:50 - 16:10: Networking Break
16:10 - 16:50: Is Infrastructure Holding the Market Back?
Is infrastructure a necessary precondition to EV take up? How much is being spent currently, and who's providing investment and expertise? How much is infrastructure delaying the market, and what's needed to attract further finance?
- Christophe Arnaud, Managing Director, Bluepointlondon & Bolloré BlueSolutions UK
- Adrian Vinsome, Head of Energy Systems, CENEX
- Adam Woolway, Managing Director, PlugSurfing
16:50 - 17:00: Paving the Path Ahead - Accelerating EV Adoption
"Paving the Path Ahead - Accelerating EV Adoption"
Findings and Lessons from the EVRT:
What are the main challenges of the road trip so far?
What are the actions needed to accelerate take up of electric vehicles, and what are the main messages to take through Europe?
- Moderator: Nicki Shields, Scientist, TV Presenter, Broadcaster
- Ben Pullen, Co-Founder & CEO, Global Electric Vehicle Road Trip
- Kostas Andriosopoulos, Executive Director of the Research Centre for Energy Management, ESCP Europe Business School
We are delighted to announce that all ESCP Europe students and Alumni can save £100 on any part of the Europe EVRT or either conference (in London or Paris) using the code ESCPEUROPE100.
Tickets are on sale now here.