The newly formed ESCP Europe Energy Society organised a
site visit to Sizewell B Nuclear Power Station on
15th January, 2015.
Participants were welcomed by a senior representative who led a
presentation titled 'Energy Industry Issues Nowadays and its
Consequences for a Power Plant". Attendees were also given key
insights into the latest advances of the Sizewell B Power Plant
including its implementation, and on
water pressurised reactor technology.
Following the presentation, students were able to tour the
facilities including the surroundings of the reactor, the security
diesel room, water pumping station and turbine room.
About Sizewell B
Sizewell B is a nuclear power station on the Suffolk coast. It
is the UK's only Pressurised Water Reactor.
- Station Director: Jim Crawford
- Reactor type: 1 Pressurised Water Reactor
- Total supply to the national grid: 1198 MW
- Start of construction: 1988
- Start of generation: 1995
- Estimated decommissioning date: 2035
- People: Approximately 520 full time EDF Energy employees plus
over 250 full time contract partners