The Energy Trading Challenge is a competitive team event open to participants from the world’s top universities
- Two eight-hour days of professionally-crafted trading scenarios representing two full months in the Energy industry
- State-of-the-art, real-time, web-based trading simulator, including: market grid, deal entry, position keeping via a professional exposure sheet, news feed and charting
- Representatives from major Trading Houses and Energy Companies in attendance
- Professional traders providing insight sessions throughout the challenge, including trading concepts and techniques
- Prize-giving ceremony at the end of the second day
- Entry open to current university students
- No entry fee
- Winning team will have the opportunity to interview with a leading Energy trading firm
What do I need to participate?
This is what you need to bring on the day:
- At least one person on your team* will need a laptop capable of connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Our trading system has been built to work on any modern HTML5 web-browser and has been tested on the latest versions of the following browsers: Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Opera.
- Interact with representatives from major Trading Houses and Energy Companies sponsoring the event
- Attendance to the ESCP Europe Business School corporate recruitment fair
- Ability to interact with world class trading experts throughout the challenge days
- The winning team to receive a prize that could provides a dramatic career boost to those looking for employment in the energy sectors
- Entry open to teams of current university students with no entry fee
Choose your strategy
Are you a BULL or are you a BEAR?
Will you trade as a group or assign team members to specific products? Will you trade outrights or will you trade spreads? How will you manage your limits and coordinate your risk taking? It’s all up to you!
Registration website opening late 2016!