The 2nd HAEE Energy Conference was held from 18th - 12th May, 2017 at the Chandris Metropolitan hotel in Athens. The event was organised by the Hellenic Association for Energy Economics - HAEE (Greek affiliate of the IAEE - The International Association for Energy Economics) with the support of the RCEM and ESCP Europe Business School.
The meeting provided an excellent platform for researchers and practitioners to share crucial insights and to reveal new research results in all areas related to energy, environment and economy.
The RCEM is pleased to announce the following key facts of the successful event:
- 280 attendees from across the globe representing more than 25 nationalities met at the conference to share their knowledge and exchange ideas
- A truly International conference, this event gave representatives from the most prestigious organisations, universities and business schools of Greece, United States of America, Germany, Belgium, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Middle East, Japan, China, India, Canada and Chile the opportunity to participate in a stimulating and thought-provoking event
- The HAEE representatives awarded Professor Pantelis Kapros for his scientific work
- Over 80 presentations from academics and analysts were presented which contain information needed by any investor, businessman and policy maker operating in the energy domain
- Over 50 top experts from the energy sector, business executives from private firms and government organisations, academics, policy makers and representatives from sectoral media, from Greece and abroad, analyzed the landscape and offered solutions for the development of the country’s energy potential, in over 10 round table plenary discussions
Saturday May 20th, 2017 marked the very successful completion of the second international conference of the Hellenic Association for Energy Economics think tank "THE LANDSCAPE IN THE NEW ERA OF ENERGY TRANSITION: Challenges, investment opportunities and technological innovations".
The HAEE executive board initiated the diffusion of conclusions and relative material through the International Association for Energy Economics network in other international and national conferences and their local energy executive circle of contacts all over the world.
A team of expert associates is working on systematically recording, sorting and prioritising the positions and proposals set forth in the conference concerning Greece’s energy policy, the role of Greek government and private firms and the possible cooperation of domestic and foreign firms.
A second team will compare these results with the situation in Greek energy policy and corporate reality and will highlight the common interests and the possible joint ventures of Greek and foreign firms.
Findings and recommendations will be shared with all the affiliates of the International Association for Energy Economics worldwide to foster possible cooperations in the Greek energy market, facilitating foreign investors in their strategic planning, in benefit of Greece’s economy.
Special care is given to the promotion of the conference’s economic and media supporters as they represent the most suitable Greek organisations for international cooperations, not only in the energy sector, but in the foreign investments' market as well.
The Hellenic Association for Energy Economics is offering its members and corporate supporters the opportunity to attend the numerous international and national conferences of the IAEE affiliates in countries all over the world, and to network and get in touch with interested parties, as well as the possibility for organising on their behalf relevant energy events abroad.
Watch the highlights of the event here.
"The RCEM's Mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between energy corporations, government agencies and the academic community, in preparation for a new energy era"