ESCP Europe's students on the MSc in Energy Management (MEM) and Executive Master in Energy Management (EMEM) attended a week-long International Seminar in Washington, DC & Houston, TX from 17th-22nd June. This annual study trip was organised by ESCP Europe with the support of its Research Centre for Energy Management.
Our participants gained a deep understanding of the American energy industry and other key international markets from a series of lectures and workshops delivered by top industry experts. The trip included visits to: The U.S. Department of State, Center for Strategic & International Studies, Library of Congress, GE Ventures, Accenture Strategy Energy, Tellurian plant, Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum and Education Center. They also attended the launch of BP’s 2018 Statistical Review at the Atlantic Council’s premises.
Topics and speakers included:
- The role of Hong Kong in China's Greater Bay Area project and China-USA Tariffs
Ralph Winnie, Director of The Eurasia Centre’s China Program and Vice President of The Eurasian Business Coalition’s Global Business Development
- Visit the U.S. Department of State
Richard Westerdale, Senior Advisor at U.S. Department of State
- The key trends in the U.S. shale, oil and natural gas exports as well as demand
Frederick Lawrence, Vice President, Economics & International Affairs, Independent Petroleum Association of America
- The development of new business and regulatory models for electric utilities
John Caldwell, Director of Economics at Edison Electric Institute
- Energy Policy in the Trump Era—Priorities and Policies Shaping Policy Debates in Congress, the States and Federal Government
Michael Zehr, Vice President of Federal Affairs, HBW Resources
- US Foreign Oil Policy and the Middle East: Can Shale oil remove US presence in the Persian Gulf?
Michael Ratner, Energy Specialist Coordinator, Congressional Research Service
- A Market Update
James C. McDonnell, Chief Operating Officer, Avalon Energy Services, LLC
- Price risk management, futures markets, and their applications
Alan Levine, CEO at Powerhouse
- GE Ventures
Paul Doucette, Global Strategic Engagement for BHGE and Krishna Danda, Investor at GE Ventures
- Accenture Strategy Energy
Deepesh Dhoundiyal, Research Specialist at Accenture Strategy Energy
If you are interested in joining either our postgraduate MSc in Energy Management (MEM) or the Executive Master in Energy Management (EMEM), we would like to invite you to join our online Q&A session on 27 June.
- ESCP Europe Business School
- MSc in Energy Management
- Executive Master in Energy Management
- ESCP Europe Energy Society
"The RCEM's Mission is to build a strong proactive partnership between academia, industry and government, to debate the challenges of the new energy era."